Re: PF Galleries on 11/22/03

> When it comes to critiquing the gallery I've been accused of being a
> marshmallow, wimp, chicken - you get the picture, so my comments may
not
> have value to anyone, but . . .
>
> I know from experience that there is always a line of people waiting
> point out our mistakes and failures, but if you have just one
"cheerleader,"
> that one can make life worthwhile and help free up our inhibitions.
>
> We've all had those who want to be "authentic people" (Dr. Phil's
phrase for
> being "true to your feelings") club us over the head with our
shortcomings
> and it smarts.   I just try to keep that in mind when I have to be
> "authentic."

Marilyn

You should carry on doing your reviews how you feel comfortable.  That
is, you only have your own "self" to work with.  I could no more
imitiate your style than follow Luis's lead.  That does not mean I
think one way is right, but when we set out to copy others then the
whole thing becomes false.

Probably a bigger decision is whether it is better to say nothing at
all than review an image for which you can find little to say.  For me
that's a hard choice.  Personally I would rather know how bad my
images were rather than have to deduce it from the silence.  As you
say though: "that there is always a line of people waiting to
point out our mistakes and failures".  But are there?

I guess there are as many reasons for submitting pictures to the
gallery as there are list members.  One reason I use is feedback.  I
like a picture: does it hold anything for others?

Bob

PS:  so you sugar coat your reviews. Call that style.