Re: PF Galleries on 11/22/03

So much has been discussed about critiquing the PhotoForum Gallery, that I
decided I have to add my $.02.

When it comes to critiquing the gallery I've been accused of being a
marshmallow, wimp, chicken - you get the picture, so my comments may not
have value to anyone, but . . .

I learned in Toastmasters that critiques can be sandwiched..  Say something
positive, then note something that could be improved, end by saying
something positive.  It softens the blow.

I know from experience that there is always a line of people waiting to
point out our mistakes and failures, but if you have just one "cheerleader,"
that one can make life worthwhile and help free up our inhibitions.

We've all had those who want to be "authentic people" (Dr. Phil's phrase for
being "true to your feelings") club us over the head with our shortcomings
and it smarts.   I just try to keep that in mind when I have to be
"authentic."

"Courage does not always roar.   Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end
of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'"

Anonymous
I think I've spent my $.02 - maybe even gone over {:->

Marilyn