Re: PF Galleries on 11/22/03

Hello my friends, I'm only commenting on what I know about, and on these, I hope you wont take it as criticism.

T. Cunningham,

There must be a multitude of quality subjects to work with at your location.  This is what I do when I'm stumped while searching for THAT shot. I usually find it behind me, try turning around next time, and see if it works for you, as it often does for me.
WRGill

Pini V.
How come you showed us the Graffiti? We have plenty of that where we are, we don't really need any more of it.  Now tell me why you just didn't move your camera closer to one of those two portals, and frame the shot with a portion of the wall?
I visited your Web Site, and enjoyed looking at your scenics.
This photo doesn't do your site justice.
WRGill

Dan Mitchell
This location is another I'd enjoy visiting, although I'd prefer shooting it different. I am a devout believer in the rule of thirds.
The Rule of Thirds.
Now visually try splitting the scene into 9 equal squares, 3 at the top, 3 in the middle and 3 at the bottom.
Now I'm asking you to place the horizon line at the top of the lower 3rd of the photo.
Place, if you will, the Windmill in the right third, while eliminating any other items intruding from the right hand side.
Now look to the left, and include the trunk of the tree into the frame, while using the over hanging tree branches to frame the windmill, taking care to not have any point mergers between the overhang and the windmill.
I would expose as you did, for the windmill and let the tree and branch go into a silhouette.
WRGill

Emily Ferguson
I like what you saw in this shot. I found the colors to be outstanding, although,
I would only ask you to read and digest what I said to Dan
regarding the Rule of Thirds.
I like your photograph.
WRGill

Jim "Duck" Davis
Now this is one more request to another already proficient photographer to examine the Rule of Thirds.
My suggestion, and its only that,
would be to place the Duck in the lower right hand third of the photo.
I would place it there as its already headed for the left side of the frame.
WRGill