my review this week

Trevor Cunningham - Interesting subject matter, nice black and white
quality. But there's a couple of things on this earth that just can't
be tilted, and the great pyramid is one. It's a shame really, this
could have been a very nice image.

Greg Fraser - I feel this is a nice image but I don't like the way the
table and chairs are behind the subject's head. Nice touch of humour
though him falling asleep waiting for lunch heh heh. Good use of
available light, nice tonal range.

Shawna Hanel - I just don't know what to say about Shawna's images.
It's a kind of wow, but how hum at the same time. I'm not too fond of
the overall cropping and composition here. I'd try and bring up the
size of your main subject perhaps.

Per Ofverbeck - I like this very much! I'd like to see it tilted back
counter clockwise a bit, I think mostly due to distortion. Interesting
stuff on the table, great low key photo. Keep up the good work.

Pini Vollach - Windows to Estonia - hmmmm, not quite working for me
but good idea. Ok, it's just a bit bland, had the word Jack been a bit
more vulgar...

Jose Luis Vasconcellos - these horizontal lines need a kind of square
cropping or something. It's got potential, but again, it's just a bit
bland. With some diagonal lines it might have been interesting.

Dan Mitchell - Denver Windmill - I don't like the overhanging tree
branch nor the cut off tree on the right. Highlights seem a bit blown
out. Try cropping it vertically.

Emily L. Ferguson - Very nice colours and textures! I think the leaf
is a bit too tightly cropped. Saturation perhaps a bit too far to the
red. Overall a very nice image.

Jim Davis -Peaceful Panning - perfect, heh heh.

Veli Cigirgan - ooohh, that's a lot of black space there. I'd like to
see it either zoomed back or zoomed in. Also, I'd like to see some mid
and upper tones.

Jeff Spirer - Alcatraz - Jeff, this is the best of your work I've
seen. Excellent. To pick a small nit, the cutoff on the left is a bit
odd. Ya done good.

Bob Talbot - Whodunit - Bob, this is great work! I like the
strangeness of everything. Strange colours, textures, and 3 wings not
much body left! The positioning seems just right. The background is
different and very nice. Truly great art!

Well, that's my take on this week's gallery. No link provided, find it
yourself! If anyone thinks my ego's been cruel to their image, bite
me. And if you don't think my image is perfect too, well bite me also.

Jim Davis
- checkout the Motorcycle Headlight Relay Kit at:
http://jimdavis.oberro.com/html/bike_acc_.html