Re: Gallery Review, 11.15.03

<<<
Oh, once again I'd like to ask if gallery images could be increased in
size a bit. After all, monitors are getting bigger and webspace and
bandwidth growing. Would it be too much to send 100K files instead of
50K ones? Shots like this would really be improved. Heck, all shots
would be improved. Just asking...

Jim

Just realised I didn't comment at the time.

You're asking this question when you already knew the answer.
Your image in last weeks gallery was 69K: of that 13% (9K) was header
crap totally irrelevant to 99% of the browsers in common use.

With a tiny tweak in JpegWizard I reduced it to under 50K and it
looked, to my eyes, just as good.

I understand what Andy says about grainy images: I have some myself
that I would never submit within a 50K limit, but before asking to
increase the "limit" to 100K we should take all steps to keep the
bloat down as much as possible.   Broadband should not negate bloat
control measures.

Bob

PS: your 9K contained more bloat that all the HTML some posters here
send in a month ;o)