Re: Review of 2003-11-15 PhotoForum Gallery

First of all: Bob, thank you for your critique! My comments below in no way detracts from my respect for your opinions and my gratitude for the trouble you have taken to express them. Both your own pictures and your opinions clearly show that you know what you´re talking about.

However, I disagree with your conclusion that the sun should have been on the goats instead. OK, perhaps a stunning image, but certainly not *mine*. On a warm day, goats (like most furry animals, and most sensible humans) prefer the shade if available. As it is, I tried to show this little flock in harmony with their beautiful surroundings (the outskirts of Stockholm, not some exotic place). Had they been spotlit by the sun, the pic would have said "look at these cute goats!" or something; now I feel it shows a relaxed family at home. I probably wouldn´t even had exposed one frame if they had been sunlit.

BTW, it IS a digital shot, and as usual when there´s time, I spot metered and then checked the histogram to see if I´d got the full brightness range. There is a lot of detail both in the goat fur and the sunlit background, but then a black goat in shade IS, er, black...

Per, the black sheep... :-)