Re: Pachyderm

Bob Talbot wrote:

Posed or found? If posed then Shawna really should have done
something with the two stalks coming out of focus between us an the
elephant's trunk. They are the only distractions in the shot.

It's a little of both Bob. I originally found the toy elephant and then selected another location to shoot it. For me the blurred grass adds to the tension of the shot; the dead grass appears to be more alive than the bright toy. --a bit like the situation elephants actually find themselves in today.

In your review you included these three sentiments: "More bluddy rubbish. Plastic crap. A nice picture." Their juxtaposition nicely captures the irony I was after.

Thanks for the review ;-)
Shawna
http://lightwriting.net