Re: Review of 2003-11-15 PhotoForum Gallery -

> Nevertheless I like this photo as an exercise of love for
conventional B&W
> photography and use of old and humble equipments. I always show it
to my
> students. I don't know if I shoot this picture with my F5 or D100 I
would
> like it so much. Thanks again, JL
Jose

Decades ago my grandmother got me to make a photo using a a piece of
photographic paper in a shoe-box (literally) - as a pin hole camera.

Chemicals?  Well, it was like cookery and done after dark (she did not
have a dark room) in the days before light pollution.

It worked.

Sadly I don't have it now.  It was not important at the time just part
of a sequence of experimentation of being a child.

The concept though holds far more simplicity and reality that any
amount of "digital crap".  Watching the picture appear in a dish so
much more satisfying than having to switch on yet another piece of
electronic "stufff".

Bob

PS ... her old photos were only ever brown and white.   Not sure why
that was.