Re: Review of 2003-11-15 PhotoForum Gallery

Well Mr. Talbot thank you for your review. Yes, it is a scan of a print.
Yes, the film was outdated for... 14 years. And yes, the lens in that
beautiful little Kodak Brownie reflex was like the bottom of a Coke bottle.
The light was going away and the film was overdeveloped by 2 stops. The
combination of these factors explains the high contrast and the lack of
sharpness. What could we expect?
Nevertheless I like this photo as an exercise of love for conventional B&W
photography and use of old and humble equipments. I always show it to my
students. I don't know if I shoot this picture with my F5 or D100 I would
like it so much. Thanks again, JL