Re: PF Galleries on 11/15/03 - Jimmy/WRGill

At 17:04 +0900 11/16/03, Jim Davis Nature Photography wrote:
>response. Additionally, I have found the critiques of my submitted
images over the years to be of value with the exception of the few
who use criticism to inflate their own sense of limited self worth.

This BS, where does this come from? Is any criticism deemed by you to be an attempt to inflate someone's ego? I feel sorry for you then. Tell you what, when you submit, just say in your notes you don't want criticism but something sugar coated and we'll all go easy on ya

apparently you didn't really read what I wrote......an unfortunately common failing.......I fail to see how the term *few* can be construed as *any*.......and the only thing that makes it *BS* is your opinion.......just another unfriendly remark I guess.......

At 7:37 +0000 11/16/03, Bob Talbot wrote:
I really can't think of anyone else that fits the description you make above so I guess then it must be aimed at me (?)

sorry Bob, but I took *aim* at no one......I just got to thinking about a most remarkable book on creativity I just finished by the late Brenda Ueland....... she writes about critics who think they can improve people by telling them where they are wrong which results in putting them in strait jackets of hesitancy and self conciousness. The sort of criticism that is a *murderer of talent*. She further observes that because the most modest and sensitive people are the most talented, they are the first to get killed off........to my mind, all criticism is biased by the critics life experience.......some just have the capacity to consider the feelings of those they are criticizing.......

At 7:37 +0000 11/16/03, Bob Talbot wrote:
We're all adults here (in years if not in mind ;o)

personally I subscribe to the dictum of the late Joseph Heller who said "when I grow up, I want to be a little boy".......me too

Jim
Baja Oregon
I want to sing like birds sing, not worrying who hears or what they think
                                                      -Rumi