Re: Review of 2003-11-15 PhotoForum Gallery

 Bob,

>Peeter Vissak - Garden. Boats. Unforking paths.
>
>Lovely shot Peeter.  Of course I noted straight away it was presented
>downside up.  Good choice though I think,  yes, looking at it flipped
>it was a good choice.

Thanks!
I do this kind of things pretty often. Even if the reflection is perfect, it sometimes gives somewhat eerly sub- (or sur-) reality effect. Small pieces of landscape suddenly form their own universe and get their own life.

>Aside: Around here there are too many forking paths, forking roads,
>forking gardeners and sometimes we even get forking lightning ;o)
>I don't understand the title ...

Well, although not directly, I had J.L. Borges in my mind, because he has a tremendous ability to reshape the real world with one or two sentences, that stay 'humming' in your subconscious. I love his stories that balance always between the more reliable and less reliable world, just due to his will to play with everything. "The Garden of Forking Paths" is a fine (and humming ;o) heading to a fine story.

>BTW:  personal preference.  Photos so nearly square as this I prefer
>to be square.  Never did know why.  Maybe it's because being so close
>makes the mind thing they should be but at the same time the eye can
>tell it's not?  Dunno ... just an idle thought ;o)

I get Your point -- the imperfectness of expected geometrical shapes.
Perhaps this is important in the overall impression, and also in the composition?
If the picture was matted and framed, it would have been balanced by the measures and shape of these, I guess.

Regards,

Peeter