Better late than never?

Hubby out of work...
Can't get to the computer...

Last weeks gallery:
Achal Pashine--Cute baby. Nice use of Rembrandt lighting. As a parent, I
too like the expression, perhaps a tired child?

Peeter Vissak--The end--I'm really enjoying the lines of color in this
picture: the one along the horizon, the one along the bottom of the
window glass and the one along the door under the window. Some nice
substitutes for the missed sunset.

Christopher Strevens, LRPS--Skin and Blister--Great family photo. I'm
sure every time you look at this picture it will remind you of this happy
day.

Trevor Cunningham--Old Falucca Sail--Very interesting. Good gray scales.
Without your comments, I'd be left wondering what it is and yet would
still be drawn to the connections between the grays and the flow of the
fabric. The fringe does not distract/detract.

Laurenz Bobke--Small Boat on Daling River--Oooo, love the cool blues and
the composition. Blot out the vehicle in the background. Is there a road
there?

Mike Spillman--Cambodian Lake--Again with the blues! Love the captured
cloud formations. I find nothing on the water to be distracting. Maybe
lighten up the dark stuff so more details will show through.

Jeff Spirer--Alcatraz--This one evokes strong emotions, thinking of the
awful conditions in such a place and yet conflicted with the normal
emotions I have against the type of men who were kept there. On the one
hand I feel the degradation was deserved by the two legged tenants, and
yet, maybe it is as it should be (now) a place suited only for multi-
legged vermin. Captured well.

Dan Mitchell--Winter Comes--Nearly perfect with the bright red leaf
contrasted against the darkness of the deadening stems. I like the back
lighting on the leaf showing shadows from behind...

Winter comes
in wistful folly
irregardless of the green
and deadens nearly
all that's seen

It takes away the
brightened heart
and darkens it with
mournful clouds
that blot out all
the beauty of the
summer just gone by

One bright red leaf
still tells the story
of a summer's beauty
glory

Soon to wither and
to die like all the others
killed by winter's cold
so heartless

yet this history held forever
and this story
never killed
held captive in this
one bright picture
winter comes
but this survives

S.L. Melara 11/12/03

Jimmy Kostiuck--I'd hate to be the one to have to sort through all that
paper! Yes, leave in the feet and crop in from the top and left side.
Otherwise, a great shot of what could possibly be someone's migraine!

Leslie Spurlock--Monk at Festival--Good lighting on the face and nice
colors. Close cropping on this one would make for a really nice portrait.

Emily L. Ferguson--I do like the lighting on this one. If used as a
catalog item as someone had suggested, removal of the shadow would
enhance the image. I really like the appearance of the seamless backdrop.
Will you tell me how you did this? I'd like to use seamless backdrops in
my own studio.

Shawna Hanel--Petroleum By product--Wonderful use of color and imagery.
I'd like to know how this one was done, too.

I'm learning how to ignore my hubby's hovering over my shoulder while I'm
on line, so hopefully I can do this weeks reviews a little earlier. Keep
on keepin' on!
: - )

Shyrell Melara Photography
http://yadtel.net/~jmelara/index.html