Re: Review: PF Galleries on 11/8/03

LScottPht@aol.com wrote/replied to:

>It seems to me that
>photojournalists break most of the rules so much of the time, more so than alot of other
>types of photographers. I think this rule breaking works so well in
>photojournalism especially. For people not into photojournalism, they would probably think a
>lot of the stuff they shoot is bad because of situations where they cut into
>people so much as well as when they have an object or person in front that is
>out of focus

For me, rule breaking is what sets a photo apart from being boring,
run of the mill, just like so many others that stick to the rules. But
it doesn't always work.

I laugh when people say I need more space above or below or where
ever... but I always listen and think about it too. I make my crops
very carefully these days and I have found that I like to break rules.