Re: Review: PF Galleries on 11/8/03

Leslie says:

> Photography is so subjective, I don't think there needs to be any set rules.

I don't think it is so much a matter of "rules" as the fact that there are
indeed (maybe) statistically predictable audience reactions when a group is
shown a given photograph. Photographers can choose to exploit these
"conventions" or choose to ignore them. However, it seems to me is is useful to
be aware of what these conventional photointerpratetion "rules" are so that if
one wants to "break" them one does so knowingly and successfully and not
haphazardly.

and that is my EU$ .02!  ... so there!  :)
andy