Re: Review: PF Galleries on 11/8/03 - Skin

> It is really a family portrait, nothing more.

> I gather from all the comments that as a work of art that it is
pretty
> awful.

> I'm just glad to have re-connected with my half sister after 30
years!

Chris.

It's always a danger putting photos on public display that you have an
emotional attachment to.
1) You see more in them than is actually there - "clouded judgement
syndrome"
2) It makes any knocks the pictures get harder to take.

If the "Member's Exhibit Space" (aka gallery) has anything to say on
your shot it is that images can be about more than pretty picture.  We
might dismiss "snaps" as things you only show your family but in a way
wasn't that what led to the first burst of popularity of the medium?
Not very good portraits that millions shared as keepsakes of loved
ones.

Back to the gallery:  Apart from the description your image had
nothing to connect itself with the story.  The challenge - for a
public forum - is to make the picture support the story in some way.

I'm pleased for you (the re-connection) but it can't make me like the
image itself any better.

Bob

PS ... in Cockney Rhyming slang the "and blister" bit would seldom be
said