Re: one-word review

At 11:22 PM -0500 11/3/03, CameraTraveler@aol.com wrote:
A review, of sorts, done with one word per image

              Emily L. Ferguson - water lilies
fluidic

              David Small - Columbus Day
Vespucci

              John Warner - Eastbourne Pier
bedimmed

              Shawna Hanel - Stego
dinoplastos

              Leslie Spurlock - The Egg
crucifiction

              Dan Mitchell - Harbor
phallus

              Don Meyers - Surf board shop
indistinct

              Achal Pashine - Saniya
collimation

Interesting. Looking at this selection of comments makes me want to hear from others about the place of reporting and/or expressing value judgements in our reviews. Should reviews be reports only? Are there value judgements concealed in this set of 1-word reveiws? Is Rick being cute, or is he afraid to express his sense of value, or is he just challenging himself to do something differently?

What do you all think? Not about Rick's review but about reveiwing.
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@cape.com 508-563-6822