Re: top posting

Bob Blakely <Bob@Blakely.com> wrote/replied to:

>Trying to control other folks is always a loosing proposition. For
>the most part, when all is said and done, they will simply ignore you or
>perhaps rebel in some manner and this will only irk and frustrate you. Then
>you'll find yourself resorting to all sorts of ineffectual control methods,
>such as shaming the poor object of your ire. The only thing you can control
>is yourself, so sit back, relax and listen to "Get Over It" - Eagles.

Bob, you're not reading what we're saying. Many, not all, but many top
posters leave hundreds of lines of garbage below their message. If all
top posters trimmed their messages there would be no problem. But if
you're top posting and finished your email, it's just too easy to
click the send button without doing anything at all with the crap
below.

I've seen plenty of one liner top posted messages with hundreds of
lines below it. And I've been around since before the internet was
dreamed about too. I've always bottom quoted.

You may be correct in that many will ignore any helpful hints on
posting, but let Anarchy reign and you will soon be wading through a
sea of one lined top posted huge messages. Yahoo and many other groups
are perfect examples. I hate those groups. All the really worthwhile
groups I'm on insist on plain text and bottom posting.