my gallery review

well it is high time i review a gallery for once...

before i start though, i would like to welcome all the new submitters that have surfaced the past weeks... and to wish them they use the reviews to improve their pictures, just like i did times ago....

so:

Emily L. Ferguson - water lilies
it lloks impressive at start, with all the contrasting colors and water riddles, but the more i look at it the more i am disturbed by the black water appearance...sorry

David Small - Columbus Day
one would complain for the rich bucket spilled black, but it works!...in conveying a feeling of a still by gone era...as this photo is presented, it could be taken anythime this century! makes you think of all the same days, eversince. good work

John Warner - Eastbourne Pier
i like the sky colors and its imperfect appearance with all those little black clouds and all, it makes arealistic shot. but i am disturbed by the pier shape irregularity, which spoils the expected sunsetting serenity..hmmmmm

Shawna Hanel - Stego
it was good idea to use the plastic bone structure to setup a shot, but the way it is presented it calls FAKE. ( we are used to not complaining about fakes, when they are not cry themselves out. we like to fool ourselves). so why don't you try inducing some noise on them with PS? and clip those toe nails off!!

Leslie Spurlock - The Egg
yes the green red contradiction works (as always does), but they first think i though was "how this man have paineted the egg green using red stained hadns"? BTW i feel cropping off part of the left and bottom woulds help...

Dan Mitchell - Harbor
anothes Mitchell/Talbot harbor shot! and i still wonder if you are doing nothing else each day than stalking the sun!! had i liked small harbors and old ships, a series would be one of my favorites

Don Meyers - Surf board shop
Don, sorry but no...i did not like the soft ness of it and the existence in the frame...had you shot without people and cropping off the righ and bottom part, you'd have made a nice tommasson artifact picture...

Achal Pashine - Saniya
there was omething that was annoying me in this photo, and when i zoomed way in it was the film graing and the tine white grain spots within the sea of grey ones. it all reminf me of the so and so (rather soft and underexposed) concert shots i also get...isn't $75 a bit steep price anyway? or is it regular in US?

so that was all folks...i bet it hurt less than a light handed dentist... kostas

so... no matter what, CHEER UP MY FRIENDS! Life is too precious to jump the other side of the fence...
kostas papakotas / clenched teeth photography
http://groups.msn.com/clenchedteethphotography
'COS SOMETIMES IT IS BETTER WITH CLENCHED TEETH!