Re: my new photo site

LScottPht@aol.com wrote:
Her images do not need flash to make them their best, it simply provides for a more powerful presentation. I can also asure you that while her images have won numerous awards by themselves, her website has indeed won awards because of the presentation .... The difference here is the award for her site, and the
awards for her photography...two completely different things. .... Now,
perhaps you can also accomplish this without the use of flash. I don't know. But, I can see what flash has done for her website, and it works and works well.

Leslie,

You have made my point. Even those giving Ami awards have differentiated between her photographs and her website. Those recognizing her photographs are not concerned with her website. Those recognizing her website are not awarding her for her photographs but the company that made her website even though she may have received the award for their work.

The point is, the second group doesn't really care about her photographs but the design around them.

Now, I will make you this concession. Ami's website is very attractive. But that attractiveness has nothing to do with the use of Flash and for that I must commend those who put it together. They kept its design clean and simple, clapped their hands around the Flash bells and stuck their fingers in its whistles. I.e., they kept the "presentation" focused upon her photographs. The easiest example of this is that the only thing you see when looking through her portfolios is the photographs. But, once again, they could have done all of that and done it just as elegantly without the use of Flash.

That her website works is because of its graphic design, not because they used Flash to accomplish it.

Anyway, if you want to talk more on this you're welcome and I will respond if you like. If not, I'm done with it.

Peace!
Sidney