Re: my new photo site

In a message dated 11/3/03 11:50:29 AM Central Standard Time,
sgflack@prodigy.net writes:

<< I couldn't disagree more.  If her images need Flash to make them their
 best then her images are not as good as they appear to be.  This train
 of thought demonstrates again that an image that needs to be explained
 (or presented demonstratively) the photographer has failed.  Ansel Adams
 said it this way, "There's nothing worse than a sharp photograph of a
 fuzzy concept."

Her images do not need flash to make them their best, it simply provides for
a more powerful presentation. I can also asure you that while her images have
won numerous awards by themselves, her website has indeed won awards because
of the presentation of it, not just because she presented the images correctly
to tell a story. Yes, that is important, but some of the people giving her
site awards and comment on how wonderful her site is, are not doing so just for
the sake of the photos. The difference here is the award for her site, and the
awards for her photography...two completely different things. Take, for
instance, the website of UN photographer John Isaac. He has some very compelling
images, but they are not presented as well. Yes, the images have impact, but as I
said, impact can be boosted even more by the correct presentation. Now,
perhaps you can also accomplish this without the use of flash. I don't know. But, I
can see what flash has done for her website, and it works and works well.

Leslie Spurlock
Leslie Scott Photography and Tours
http://www.lesliescottphotography.com
http://www.lesliescottphotography.com/phototours.htm