Re: my new photo site

In a message dated 11/3/03 2:15:22 AM Central Standard Time,
JBDavis@hkg.odn.ne.jp writes:

<< I'd be interested in how this site of Ami's works for a 56k dial up
 person if anyone checks it out. I did notice it took a few seconds for
 all the image to load on each section before any image could actually
 be displayed. This could be several minutes of more depending on the
 connection and machine.

I am pretty sure I have a 56k dial up and it does load slowly, but it is so
worth it! I constantly go back to her site even though it is slow. And, yes,
she has already won many awards for her site. You are right in the fact that her
images do support this type of site and not everyone's would. But, this is
just an example of how flash can actually add something to already powerful
images. So, I am sure that others will agree, that sometimes flash does help your
photo presentation. Ami has certainly drawn a lot more attention to her photos
because of her presentation of them. And, if photos can stand alone without
the need for a great presentation, then why is it so important that the images
submitted for the Pulitzer Prize be presented in a way to make them even more
powerful. Presentation is everything! Granted, flash may not help the
presentation of everyone's photos, but if done well, it can in some cases as in Ami's.
So, to everyone so against flash, I urge you again to get on someone elses
computer that has flash, and check out Ami's site (www.amivitale.com). I think
you might actually enjoy it!

Leslie Spurlock
Leslie Scott Photography and Tours