Re: my new photo site

LScottPht@aol.com wrote:
...You are right in the fact that her
images do support this type of site and not everyone's would. But, this is just an example of how flash can actually add something to already powerful images. So, I am sure that others will agree, that sometimes flash does help your photo presentation......

Leslie,

I couldn't disagree more. If her images need Flash to make them their best then her images are not as good as they appear to be. This train of thought demonstrates again that an image that needs to be explained (or presented demonstratively) the photographer has failed. Ansel Adams said it this way, "There's nothing worse than a sharp photograph of a fuzzy concept."

I agree that presentation is important. But, just as sharp lenses do not translate directly into either sharper or better images, neither do bells and whistles make a better presentation; they just make bells and whistles. While it may fill in some gaps in your photographic concepts, using Flash in a website does not improve the images it presents. If your images need Flash or any other program to be presented better, you may want to reload your camera and go out and make new photographs.

Ami's images do not need Flash to be presented better. As I said in my other post on this topic, I suspect she has received awards for her photographs and not her use of Flash.

But you mentioned special presentation for photographs submitted for the Pulitzer. I didn't know creative works were submitted for this prize. I thought the committee made its own selections from all published works. Do you know what these special presentation requirements might be? If so, please share them.

Peace!
Sidney