RE: [lens] Re: Dimming hot lights

Since this is my first foray into hot light country, I never really noticed different speed ratings for film when shot under hot lights. Thank you for pointing that out.

I understand that when I place a colored filter on the lens, I have to adjust exposure but I was not aware that color temperature of light would require compensation. If I place a colored gel over my light source, will that also affect the film speed? I would have thought an ambient light reading would give me a proper reading for the light.

Also, I always thought color temperature meters were just used to tell you which color filter to use but I guess they also help calculate film speed.

Greg