Re: getting glossy prints from the Epson C 80 series inkjet printers

Don Roberts <droberts@inav.net> wrote/replied to:

>So where do the people fit who prefer semi-gloss (or semi-matte)
>prints?  I find that to be the best of all possible worlds.

Me too. I don't see any loss of gamut or details in semi gloss. Of
course if you put a loupe up to it or use a spectrometer thatmight be
a different story.

All you glossy folks, try standing at regular viewing distance to your
prints and tell me if you can really see all the details in it because
it's glossy. Or perhaps you might miss some because of reflections. If
you hold it just so...  but on a wall you can't turn it to avoid those
reflections can you?

What bothers me is the lab prints I'm getting here are always glossy,
no choice in that. But I prefer to display them without glass and have
a semi matte surface on them.