Re: getting glossy prints from the Epson C 80 series inkjet printers

"Maris V. Lidaka Sr." <mlidaka@ameritech.net> wrote/replied to:

>And try Epson Professional Glossy paper instead of Epson Premium Glossy.

Why anyone would want glossy is beyond me. I really like semi matte.
Glossy sucks basically. And besides an inkjet should be behind glass
so it's irrelevant what surface, better not glossy though.

If someone insists on glossy, go to a photolab and ask for glossy.

Which reminds me I got a bunch of prints made from digital files the
other day, and it was at a Konica Lab. I was very pleased at the
accurate colours, and low contrast just  the way I like them. Nice and
glossy too, but it seems there's not much to do about there here at
the labs, they're all glossy. Sucks. Life in Japan.

Jim Davis
Nature Photography
http://jimdavis.oberro.com <=new
Replies in plain text only please!