Re: getting glossy prints from the Epson C 80 series inkjet printers

"Maris V. Lidaka Sr." <mlidaka@ameritech.net> wrote/replied to:

And try Epson Professional Glossy paper instead of Epson Premium Glossy.

Why anyone would want glossy is beyond me. I really like semi matte. Glossy sucks basically. And besides an inkjet should be behind glass so it's irrelevant what surface, better not glossy though.

Hi Everyone:

I am back after several years away. Funny, but I have a completely opposite view. Love glossy, use matte and semi-matte for only certain type of photos. A camera store manager gave a presentation to our camera club. Said that Konica Photo Glossy paper give great results, better than any other paper. Now several members, including myself, use it for all our contest photos and we usually win. It provides brilliant, vibrant colors.

Dan