Re: Little Red Bread Tie

Hi Bob,

On to the picture proper. Was it staged or an "objet trouves". I like
the plain earthy background. I don't like the shiny white reflections
on the right hand side of the tag. How was it lit?

The little red bread tie was an "objet trouve" resting in peace on the banks of the Murray River until I came along and slightly adjusted it's positioning. It was shot using natural light at sunrise. Clouds on the horizon softened the shadows a tad. I used a polarizer to minimize the reflections. Without the filter it would have been a glaring white/pinkish bread tie. After a useful, yet brief stint as a bag fastener, it now calls the local land fill home. I reckon it'll be there long after we have turned to dust ourselves.

Thanks for the reviews; I appreciate hearing everyone's thoughts.

Cheers,
Shawna
http://lightwriting.net