Re: Gallery review: 2003-10-18

At 10:40 PM +0100 10/18/03, Bob Talbot wrote:
Emily L. Ferguson -
That bright white strip of haze is bizarre.  If you'd not have
explained I might have thought is as a road with dust just kicked up
by a now-gone car.  The lighting is interesting for sure.  The picture
has a layered quality (three horizontal bands) but if it lacks
anything it is something to break this repetition.  The trees don't
look sharp (despite a tripod) so I'm assuming it must have been the
haze as well.

Correct, the mist is rising behind each of the bands as well as from the pond in front. the creek that feeds the pond from the mountain behind criss-crosses through the forest on the edge.

And the original slide is actually sharper than my middle-aged scan can achieve, even with unsharp masking....

Backlight is very interesting stuff.
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@cape.com 508-563-6822