RE: review

That's interesting because my attention is definitely drawn towards the darker lines like the track and the guy wires radiating from the left. To me the white merely supports the rails both physically and graphically. Perhaps its just that I'm drawn towards the dark side. It appears to me that both the black and the white contrast more or less equally with the gray sky so I suppose one could be drawn towards either black or white.

>Cropped like this: http://www.richmason.com/fraserC.jpg the image works much better
>compositionally for me.

With your version I am now distracted by the white brace which instead of having a structural purpose, has become a large white, distracting diagonal nearly splitting the image in two at it's center for no apparent reason. The track also appears to have lost the flow I felt in my version. Your version feels more static to me.

>Are there people riding in the cars, or is it a dry run?

Actually my little angels are riding but the camera angle and their diminutive stance makes the car appear empty.

Thanks for commenting.

Greg Fraser
Slapper of Newts
"Things are never what they seem" - Vlad
http://users.imag.net/~lon2251/Gallery