Re: digital print gaurantee?

--- Gregory david Stempel FIREFRAMEi m a g i n g
<fyrframe@centurytel.net> wrote:
> Alan,
>

> How about the ones from the darkroom when you were just
> learning ?  Those
> yellow stains on prints made years ago? The dirty printer
> apron, the
> exhausted fixer - aaaargh!<<<<
>
> Part of what motivated me as well. I am a novice at some of
> this printing,
> archival inks and so felt I needed to do something. I just
> hope I can still
> remember where the comuputer and printer are when I'm 70.
>
> Take care,
> Gregory david Stempel
> FIREFRAMEi m a g i n g
> www.americanphotojournalist.com
> "The brave ones were shooting the enemy, the crazy ones were
> shooting film"

Personally, I would not offer any guarantee. I print my "fine
art" stuff with pigment inks and I do offer advice about
conservation and that with care, the prints should last many
decades. But that's it. I wouldn't offer a guarantee even if I
made Cibachromes, B&W prints made in the darkroom, or anything
else. How can you predict the future?

                                           Richard

=====
Richard Martin specializes in Cityscape