Re: Quick Gallery Impressions 7 Oct 03

Gregory Fraser <Gregory.Fraser@pwgsc.gc.ca> wrote/replied to:

>Achal Pashine (Fruit Seller, Western India) - Would have been cooler without the flash but its still a cool shot as it is. I like the shape of the vendor's body and the repeating circles bounded by the blue box placed slanty in the image.

I'm not going to defend this photo, but I think in this situation
without flash, this photo would have been very dull and dark. I'd have
backed off the flash using negative flash compensation myself though.
But of course many amateur cameras don't have this ability.

The idea with flash is to use it so that it appears you did not use it
:-)

Jim Davis
Nature Photography
http://www.kjsl.com/~jbdavis/