Re: PF exhibits on 10-04-03

Thanks Bob, Brian, & Rich for your reviews of images at:
http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery.html

Bob -
>......the author appears to have presented this with a tilt. Or is it a
very effective false horizon?.
Good question. Upon examination of the fence posts and barn, the verticals are vertical sooo.....?

>...... It's an effective record of a placeand time . Is that the ranch or
just the barn? A ranch without animals?
It is just the barn which houses horses. All other buildings etc, are to the right and and up along the river
and behind the camera position. ( Good one about the paper tape Bob)

Brian -
>......My first though was that the colours were rather faded.
It could be that colours are more faded than I had thought, but then color transparency film back then didn't
have the unnatural saturation that todays films have and that the majority of people like. So maybe it's just my memory
that makes me believe it hasn't faded much at all. Anyway....compared to all my old faded Ektachromes-No contest.

Rich -
>.....I notice a slight red/magenta cast to it, is this in the original, or is it the result of the digitizing process?
Must be the scan and the way it appears on your monitor. It is not in the original.
>....I would like to see what this same spot looks like today.
I haven't been back there for years, but very sadly understand that the ranch has been sold and opened to
development or is already developed.

TNX to all.........

Dave