Re: comments on this week's gallery

> Bob Talbot - Wild
> Over cats and cat photos, wild I am not.
No problem.  It's only a picture like it or not ;o)

> Did you use a portrait lens, diffusion filter,
> or the old vaseline trick? It looks as though you did, and I cannot
> recall every having seen such "portrait" techniques applied to a cat
> before.
No special tricks, just a 300mm lens, x1.4, on a monopod.  Critical
sharpness is missing from the chrome (a tripod is so much better).

> I do like the background, but think it a shame that both it, and the
> area just above the cat's eyes are marred by a moire pattern.

I can't see what you mean by moire pattern but I can see flare/bloom
when I raise the gamma (I'm on a PC).  This has me worried about my
slide scanner.  It's a Nikon LS30 and I'm sure recent scans are
lacking the snap it used to have when it were new.  The chrome itself:
the original has no bloom.  The black of the fur around the eyes is
black as black can be.

Oh well, time for a new scanner?  Still much cheaper in the long run
than going for a digital body.

Bob