Re: First portrait session

At 02:29 PM 9/30/2003 -0400, Russell Baker wrote:

From: "Jeff Spirer" <jeff@spirer.com>

 1) Duplicate the background layer, then apply a blur over the entire
 photo.  The amount of blur depends on the size (pixel-wise) of the image,
 but 4-5 is probably a good starting point.

I use the same method but 4-5 is way more than I ever use, I generally set it at 1.5-2.

But it depends on how much softness you want!

As I mentioned, it's size-dependent and I probably should have offered a larger range. I generally work with 30MB+ files and even 5 isn't always enough for the effects I look for.

Jeff Spirer Photos: http://www.spirer.com One People: http://www.onepeople.com/ Surfaces and Marks: http://www.withoutgrass.com