Re: First portrait session

It depends on the size of the photo 4-5 is in my range (1800 DPI neg scan).

At 02:29 PM 9/30/2003, you wrote:

From: "Jeff Spirer" <jeff@spirer.com>

 1) Duplicate the background layer, then apply a blur over the entire
 photo.  The amount of blur depends on the size (pixel-wise) of the image,
 but 4-5 is probably a good starting point.

I use the same method but 4-5 is way more than I ever use, I generally set it at 1.5-2.

But it depends on how much softness you want!

Russ R.E. Baker Photography rebphoto@pronetisp.net

Brian Blankenship http://www.bngraphics.com

The Gathering of Photographers (web forum)
http://www.bngraphics.com/photography/NYIPForum.html