Re: Nikon D2H vs. Kodak digital camera - long response

"Emily L. Ferguson" <elf@cape.com> writes:

> At 10:27 AM +0900 9/19/03, Jim Davis wrote:
> >By the way, I always shoot RAW. JPG is just too much work to get right
> >in camera for me.
>
> I've been shooting regattas.  And I have one 512M card, because that's
> what the camera I borrow comes with.  Things happen too fast for RAW
> storage with the D-100.  Might be better with the D2H or the expensive
> new Canon.

Card write speed seems to be a real problem.  The Kodak DCS 14n,
according to their website, has 512 meg of *buffer memory* in it, so
you can at least shoot a fairly big burst.  But it must then take a
*long* time to write the card!

> Of course, since I borrow the camera and haven't a ghost of a chance
> (that I can foresee) of being able to buy one in the next 3 years,
> there's no point in my acquiring memory cards of my own....

Think of it as getting 3 years better technology when you finally buy!
--
David Dyer-Bennet, <dd-b@dd-b.net>, <www.dd-b.net/dd-b/>
Photos: <dd-b.lighthunters.net>  Snapshots: <www.dd-b.net/dd-b/SnapshotAlbum/>