Re: Nikon D2H vs. Kodak digital camera

In a message dated 9/18/03 4:52:48 PM Central Daylight Time,
afildes@netlink.com.au writes:

<< It's all about speed - Nikon produced two versions of the D1 as I
 remember - a high resolution one and a fast one for photojournalists
 at half the megapixels. For a journo, the number of pix you can shoot
 and the delay between shots are far more important, given that the
 results will be used at a relatively small size with a 65-100
 halftone screen over them. Even with my 'no-lag' 4MP didge, if I
 shoot at full res. I only get 20 shots on a 256meg card and wait what
 seems like an eternity for the last shot to load. I suspect most
 settle for a faster approach and damn the res.
 What worries me about the small sensor issue is that the next step in
 digital photography is likely to be the reduction of this speed
 problem. Those like Oly who go the small sensor route may find
 themselves overtaken by a new generation of full frame or even
 oversize fast chips and if the new lenses are optimised for 4/3 and
 can't migrate to a new large chip body......the horror!
 AndrewF >>

Is the D2H a full frame in the sense that a 17mm lense will look like a 17mm
and a 20mm look like a 20mm and so forth? I know that on a lot of the cameras,
a 20mm will actually be a 35.

Leslie Spurlock
Leslie Scott Photography and Tours
http://www.lesliescottphotography.com