Re: Nikon D2H vs. Kodak digital camera

LScottPht@aol.com wrote/replied to:

>Is the D2H a full frame in the sense that a 17mm lense will look like a 17mm
>and a 20mm look like a 20mm and so forth? I know that on a lot of the cameras,
>a 20mm will actually be a 35.

No, it's not a full 35mm sized sensor. Nikon does not make such a
thing at this time. The Kodak 14N I think is the only option for Nikon
shooter. Canon on the other hand has the best full frame body but
priced at the top of the field too.

However, Nikon has come out with a nice wide angle zoom that matches
up to the smaller sensor size. Canon has yet to do that. But we can
only hope. I have the Canon 10D by the way. I don't mind a small
sensor since I'm always shooting long tele stuff. I use my 20-35 zoom
for wide angle stuff. Yes, it's not as wide as I'd like sometimes, but
generally it gets me by pretty well. Extreme wide angle is not often a
good choice, except for special type of shots. So you will have to
look at maybe a new lens, or making do with the widest you have.

Jim Davis
Nature Photography
http://www.kjsl.com/~jbdavis/