Re: Nikon D2H vs. Kodak digital camera

In a message dated 9/18/03 5:23:11 PM Central Daylight Time,
vze59cgy@verizon.net writes:

<< Hi Leslie,

 Here is about all I know about digital.  In order to have a resolution
 equivalent to ASA 100 film
 (35mm) a digital camera has to have about  an 8 megapixel ccd.
 However, some of the lower rated ccds have strategies of pixel arrangement
 meant to relieve some of this problem.
  As far as image quality is concerned,
 one selects that by changing the resolution:  i.e., 480x640, 1024x768,etc,
 within the camera itself.  This also determines the time between shots since
 it takes longer to store a larger file since, after all it is a computer.
 Personally, I have elected to wait on buying mine until the prices come
 down. When I do, it will be a Nikon.
 Although Nikon follows trends slowly
 it seems, when they adopt the current technology on their first cabin
 models, it is the usual old tank construction they have always used.
 Its hard for me to imagine going into
 the news field with anything less. Moreover, my lenses will interchange.
 (that's assuming I ever get to auto focus...)Maybe by then there will be a
 "manual" model. ;-}
 Yours,
 >>fred.vansand2@verizon.net

Fred-
Thanks so much! I am pretty sure that I will get the Nikon. I can't actually
get it yet, anyway, but hopefully soon. Basically, I just need to make sure I
have something that can produce the quality of images that are required for
magazines and newspapers, digitally speaking. Thanks again!

Leslie Spurlock
Leslie Scott Photography and Tours
http://www.lesliescottphotography.com
http://www.lesliescottphotography.com/phototours.htm