Re: do newpaper phojos carry lights

I have had a hard time thinking about this thread. It seems silly to
ask, "Do newspaper phojos carry lights?"

I reckon a better discussion would be "Do newspaper phojos generally
carry lights? Why or why not?"

I would like to think that good photographers of every ilk do and use
whatever they need to accomplish the task at hand. If phojo's are locked
to a "shoot 'em as they lie" form of implied integrity, than I can see
not using a flash.

On the other hand I would suspect that using a flash does more than
simply make the scene look differently. It would impact the situation
and change the course of action of the people being photographed by
alerting them to the fact that they are being recorded. (imagine how
different Spirers work would be if he used a flash)

I can think of one instance when it wouldn't make a difference but I am
not sure if Weegee was a phojo.