Re: Gallery review 8-30-03

My Roger Tory Peterson says we have one here - belted kingfisher. I believe I've been introduced to them, but don't have a long enough lens to catch one on film. The description says they "rattle" as they plummet into the water after a fish. Interesting to know that that's the term the bird people use for that very interesting noise. The terns here make the noise as well.

Very interesting to have them coming at you when you're swimming through a bunch of little minnows! The "rattle" is somewhat threatening!
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@cape.com