Gallery review 8-30-03

I have been checking my computer daily anxiously looking forward to reading some reviews for this week's exhibit.  But alas except for kosta's fine review no one rose to the task. But then I looked in the mirror and said don't bitch if you don't do one yourself. Soo

Emily---The new Cupola
  My first reaction was what a lovely abstract, then is it upside down,is it a reflection? Still not sure but I sure do like it. Well composed,brilliant color.Emily you succeeded in creating a striking image from a subject that very easily could have been a ho hum cliche

Jim--- Kawasemi Kloseup
  Tack sharp image of an unusual bird..Was the black background Natural or added? it relly enhances the shot. You have done justice to this little guy. What country is it native to?

Jimmy--- Laurie and colt
   Two lovely creatures. you have captured the essence of your subjects. I can see that there is a bond between them that will not be broken.

Kostas Bananas!
   I hope we see some more street shots from you. The angle adds something to the playfulness of the scene. I would have liked to see the clown's feet, but I know how hard it can be to frame a grab shot. This grabs your attention.

Dan---Harbor
   The green stanchion makes what would otherwise be another tourist shot an eye catcher Good color. The reflections have a wonderfull subtley to them.

So there now I have the right to bitch. lets all take a turn at doing a review. It's much more statisfying than sitting in front of the boob tube.
Dave