Re: Brighton Beach Brooklyn and exploitation

At 10:10 PM 8/16/03 -0500, you wrote:
I can certainly understand your worries where children are
concerned...and everyone should be thinking of their safety.

May I suggest you go to Office Depot or some other such store, buy one
of those badges on a lanyard and make up a little 'official
photographer' card to go in the pouch. Heck, even sticking your business
card (if you have one) in there may look official enough to get most
people to ignore you.

Lea

Lea,

I think an orange vest, some badges, and a hard hat might be impressive.
One time I was photographing some kids horsing around on their bikes and they asked if they were going to be in the paper. I said no, I'm just doing this for the heck of it. One kid said disgustedly "You ain't nobody from nowhere!" and rode off.

AZ