Re: Brighton Beach Brooklyn and exploitation

> She was aggressive and self-righteous asking if I had
> >asked the permission of the people that I had just photographed. I
> >explained that I did not need to ask permission, and if they were to
> >object in any way I would stop.
> >I turned and left, infuriated. The woman went to the people that I had
> >photographed, to tattle on me I assume.

I wonder how carrying a small tape recorder or video camera and
recording these confrontations would change things?
Would it be different than simply photographing the woman as she talks
to you?
If someone approaches you in such a manner would you have the right to
record the event for yourself?

I would certainly feel that I had the right to record such acts of
aggression towards me.