Re: Good Inkjet photo printers

karl Shah-Jenner <shahjen@iinet.net.au> wrote/replied to:

>Maybe a computer progam type person might be able to step in and tell us if
>there is any possibility that what I'm suggesting may be true.. Bob T ?  you
>want to wade in on this?  Just say if I'm talking bollocks.  I won't be
>offended !

We each develop a routine that works for us. I print from Photoshop 7
using print from preview. However, I always use the same printer
settings. I print custom/no color correction on the Epson.

I'd like to say my print always matches my monitor, and it's always
real close, but still sometimes a bit of tweaking comes in. Not often
though, I'm real happy with this method. It gives me the control I
want.

I have my monitor setup and I'm using PS according to two sources I
find are excellent:

Ian Lyon's Computer darkroom, and the Digital Dog.

http://www.computer-darkroom.com/

http://digitaldog.imagingrevue.com/

Jim Davis
Nature Photography