Re: Good Inkjet photo printers

> What does Irfanview offer in the way of
> getting a print similar to what I see on my monitor.
>

> Could you give me details with out getting too complicated!

my experience is that printing out of a small image program like irfanview
(or even a browser like IE) tends to print the image without any profile
data or any other potential software interpolation getting in the way and
fouling things up ..

I regularly find students who are printing a lot more than I, printing from
Explorer on the macs.. when asked why the reply is that they get consistency
with the output that they don't get from PS.   At home I've also found more
consistency printing from irfanview (shut up Greg...) than PS.  I'd be
inclined to say I was imagining things, and all the hype telling me that PS
is supposed to be profiling data as it sends it to print and that everything
is as it should be .. but I see irregularities too often to trust that the
software is perfect.

There were times when I found myself tooling around for ages trying to
reprofile an image that printed perfectly a week ago and when I'd scrambled
out of PS and into irfanview, I'd find the print came out spot on first
time.  There was nothing wrong with the image, there was nothing wrong with
the printer, there was nothing wrong with the PC.. the only other culprit
that springs to mind is the software!   I may be talking out of my ear, and
I'd really hate to be creating a myth, but I know's what I see's and I don't
trust PS to print right ;-)

Maybe a computer progam type person might be able to step in and tell us if
there is any possibility that what I'm suggesting may be true.. Bob T ?  you
want to wade in on this?  Just say if I'm talking bollocks.  I won't be
offended !