Re: Good Inkjet photo printers

At 23:44 -0400 7/7/03, Russell Baker wrote:
I am looking at replacing my Epson 820 printer..........
(maybe that will correct my magenta problem)

I was looking at the Canon I 950.

.....I just bought an i950 to replace my aging and occasionaly recalcitrant Epson 800. I haven't even begun to attempt tweaking the images. The 4X6's I've printed out so far are remarkably faithful to what I see on my Mac albeit perhaps just a tad darker. This just using the default printer photo settings. I've used both Canon paper and MIS Associates Glossy 10 mil paper with equally fine results. I am impressed with the quality of the prints, the quietness of the printer and the fact I don't have to wait for a 3 minute recharge like the old Ep doing it's dance. I considered the i9100 but decided for almost twice the price there just weren't enough times I'd be wanting to print a 13x19. If you can find a store near you that stocks these you can probably run a test print. I didn't have that luxury so I just went by all the reviews and user comments I could find on the web. If you can't find a store and are seriously considering this printer, email off list with your address and I'll send you a couple of prints.

Jim
Baja Oregon