Re:

Steve Ross <steveross.effigy@virgin.net> writes:

> With your D10 what size of prints (at max res.) can you blow up to
> before you start to loose quality?

My actual experience is with a Fuji S2, not a D10; but the pixel
resolution is the same (6MP) and I have no reason to suspect the D10
is any less good.  I had a studio shot I did with the S2 blown up to
16x24 by another photographer I know through rec.photo.digital, and
it's stunning.  (He printed it on an Epson 7600 printer).  I haven't
tried to blow 35mm up that big in years, and the films have improved
since then, so I don't really have any idea how it compares to 35mm
film. The guy who did my sample does individual and group portraits
professionally, and prints that big fairly often.  He uses an S2
himself.
--
David Dyer-Bennet, <dd-b@dd-b.net>, <www.dd-b.net/dd-b/>
Photos: <dd-b.lighthunters.net>  Snapshots: <www.dd-b.net/dd-b/SnapshotAlbum/>