Re: Series X

Jeff,

You can take your portraits to an entirely new level immediately by using
fill flash. This will soften the facial shadows and give highlights in the
eyes. We HAVE to see the eyes.

Other considerations might be to simplify the background. While the blossoms
in the tree are beautiful and probably smell great, the branches are
extremely distracting. The best shot in my opinion is the first in the
series because of the lack of distractions.

This shot also works because you cropped in close, eliminating the
unnecessary information at the perimeters.

The lighting on #10 is nice...we see more of the face.

If I were to shoot this young lady  I would find a spot where the setting
sun would backlight her blond hair, shoot wide open to blur the background
and use fill flash at +1-2 stops to sufficiently light her face. I would try
various poses the accented her hair around her face. I would also shoot her
at her level or slightly above her. The upward angle adds nothing to the
photo.

Take it for what it's worth. It's all subjective.

Scot