Re: Good Inkjet photo printers

I concur.
My Canon S900 (which is just a shortened S9000) is very cheap to run. Cartridges very easy to refill cheaply. Problems if you want to run a continuous ink feed system though as unlike the Epson, it's gravity feed only. I think the Epson carts develop a vacuum pressure. I'm not sure that the solutions has been found yet.
Epson definitely seems to give best results on Epson paper (perhaps it's chipped!) whereas the Canon seems happy with anything except cheap HP paper in my experience (truly awful result - ink pooled on the surface). I like Ilford Galerie papers myself. Good on coated High Res paper too but it is not a good text printer and I haven't got BW sorted yet. I don't think 3rd party BW cart sets are available for Canon although they should be, given that the whole inkjet assembly can be replaced in about 10 seconds flat - imagine switching from a colour set to a warmtone BW to a cooltone BW just like that!
AndrewF

k,

Great post about the difference between Canon and Epson printers. It
reminded me of one other difference. Correct me if I am wrong.

The Canons print well on just about any paper you run through the printer.

My old Epson 750 didn't print well on anything except Epson paper. I suppose
that situation could have been improved with specific printer profiles, but
now (having switched to Canon) I don't feel the need to seek them out as
much as I did with Epson.

Have the Epsons improved, especially the 2200?

peace and pixels,

rand